Quick Links ↑
What is NAD+?
NAD+ or nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide is a vitamin-like substance present in every living cell. It is the cofactor that allows the mitochondria to make energy. NAD+ declines as we age, and it declines rapidly with oxidative stress. This substance is necessary for optimal mental health and recovery. It protects your neurons from damage, and improves your cognitive function and mental clarity. It also combats stress, fatigue, exhaustion, and a lack of motivation. It is especially helpful for those in recovery from substance abuse disorders because it can decrease cravings and discomfort during the detox process.
There are many benefits NAD+ offers, including:
- Improved brain function.
- Anti-aging and longevity benefits.
Who is a Candidate for NAD+?
Anyone can benefit from NAD+ for addressing fatigue, exhaustion, stress, cognitive performance, and more. It is ideal for those interested in restoring their neurological functions. To learn if you are a good candidate for this treatment, contact VitaLab today.
At VitaLab, we begin NAD+ treatments by administering a series of infusions via IV to achieve repletion quickly. We then move on to maintenance therapy every 3-6 months.
Dr. Oberg combines NAD+ with a proprietary formulation of B vitamins, electrolytes, amino acids, and other co-factors for optimal results.
- An intensive approach is a series of 10 high-dose infusions over a month. These take up to 4 hours and patients may have some nausea or lightheadedness with the first few infusions. The intensive series is then repeated every 6-12 months.
- Preventive or maintenance NAD+ is given at a low dose. It is given weekly or monthly and can substitute for the once-every-three-months high dose maintenance plan.
- Some people like to schedule NAD+ infusions before tests or presentations or at other times when they want to be at peak cognitive performance.
- NAD+ can also be given as an intramuscular injection, although this approach is not research-tested.
Patients often report noticing improved eyesight first; colors are brighter and it’s easier to read small font. Next, they notice increased clarity of thought, attention, and concentration. Mood symptoms improve. By the 4th or 5th infusion, many people find they simply do not crave substances such as alcohol, benzodiazepines, opioids, painkillers, or medications. Overall vitality and well-being improve.
Schedule Your Appointment
If you are interested in learning more about NAD+ and how it can benefit your brain health, contact VitaLab today. We are conveniently located right off I-5, easy to access from anywhere in the San Diego, CA area to provide optimal treatment to each of our patients.
RECENT BLOGS AND NEWS
NAD+ is an acronym for nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide, a coenzyme found in every living cell. NAD+ has been described as the fuel to the…READ BLOG
What is Naturopathic Medicine?
Naturopathic medicine is a specific system of medicine that combines natural therapeutic practices with modern science to achieve optimal health. Licensed Naturopathic Doctors (NDs)…READ BLOG