Quick Links ↑
What is Peptide Therapy?
Peptide therapy stimulates cellular regenerative processes to target a range of conditions. Common treatment goals include immune optimization, recovery and healing, performance enhancement, anti-aging, and weight loss. Naturally occurring peptides can be transformed into hormones, growth factors, neurotransmitters, ion channel exciters, and immune factors.
Helpful Amino Acids
While there are various delivery methods for therapeutic peptides, at VitaLab we generally prefer subcutaneous injectables, and sublingual troches or topicals in some situations (such as GHK-Cu cream for wrinkles).
Some of the peptides we prescribe include the following:
- Thymosin Alpha-1: This peptide is beneficial for the immune system and contains antibacterial and antifungal properties, enhances vaccine efficacy, and protects the human body from oxidative damage.
- Thymosin Beta 4: Plays a crucial role in the wound healing process, and also contains anti-inflammatory properties.
- Growth Hormone Secretagogues (GHS’s): These peptides boost growth hormone secretion to benefit the body in various ways, such as with better sleep and easier weight loss. Your clinician will help choose the ones that are right for your goals.
- BPC-157: Has been shown to relieve stomach ulcers, inflammatory disorders, and more, as well as promote improved bone and joint health.
- Melanotan 11: Works to improve skin tone, boost sexual drive, and promote weight loss.
- Bremelanotide PT 141: This unique peptide can promote sexual function in men and women and is specifically effective against erectile dysfunction.
- Epithalon: Is ideal for regulation of the cell cycle to provide anti-aging benefits.
- Pentosan Polysulfate: Is ideal for treating bladder pain and discomfort caused by interstitial cystitis.
- Tesamorelin: This peptide is used to generate a greater natural production of HGH (Human Growth Hormone).
- GHK-Cu: Is a naturally-occurring copper complex that is effective in skin healing and treating chronic wounds.
OUR TREATMENT PLANS
Our bodies naturally produce peptides through cellular regeneration and digestion, constantly cycling through a number of molecules to synthesize essential amino acids and proteins that help us function and optimize our performance. In this way, peptides form the building blocks of the necessary functional components that run our bodies. But when we don’t have enough building blocks, those components can’t be created by organs like the pituitary gland and bone marrow. This is where peptide injections can help bolster the supply of necessary proteins for optimal function.
Our peptides prescription programs are offered as a subscription service. The first 6 months include an initial consultation and baseline prescription, 2-3 follow-up consultations to refine dosing and response, and laboratory testing to confirm you are at the optimal dose. Keep in mind that many peptides are best used in rotation or for limited intervals and prescriptions may change more frequently than this.
SCHEDULE YOUR APPOINTMENT
If you are located in the San Diego, CA area and are interested in learning more about how peptide or hormone therapy can help improve your health, contact our office today! Our team at VitaLab is dedicated to providing each of our patients with effective and trustworthy results.
RECENT BLOGS AND NEWS
What You Should Know If you’re Considering Peptide Therapy
Peptide therapy is a treatment that is becoming more and more popular. But what is peptide therapy? And how can it help you? VitaLab…READ BLOG
The Benefits of Exosomes
Have you ever heard of exosomes? Exosome therapy is a new and exciting field in regenerative medicine that can help your body’s cells regenerate,…READ BLOG